CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My spoils (and a little bit of motherly pride!)

It's parent teacher conference this week for all three of my kids. We started early this morning (7:30 on my day off ugh!) but it was well worth it. We had such an early time because my son is in speech therapy and we have to be able to meet with teacher, therapist and principal. I was thrilled to hear such a good report on him. He has struggled immensely with school partly due to his speech and partly due to being ADHD. We changed the medication he was on over the summer and it has been a 180 turn around. I hate the fact that he has to be on meds but I know that his ADHD disrupts his life to the point where he can't function at school, in a group of people or at home. I remember back to Kindergarten before he was diagnosed, we were at the school every day to pick him up because he would cry, run from the room, hide under a table, etc.
This conference, we were told how courteous Colby has become, how helpful he is to other students and what a pleasure he is to have in class. I was most proud when they told me they have watched him multiple times initiate problem solving on the playground instead of the typical no it has to be my way fighting that you typically see. A little more work on his speech, reading and penmanship and we will be all set. I am so proud of him! I hope both my daughter's go as well tomorrow.
Now on to my spoils.

My local Dollar tree has gotten a huge shipment of lion brand fur yarns. These are about $5-8 at my local craft stores so I am thrilled to get such a good deal! I had to pull up some videos on you tube to remember how to knit, it's been a while, but I have managed to make two scarfs this past week for gifts so I should be good to get the rest done and shipped in time for Christmas. YAY!


My next stop was to my LBS. We got there at 10 but they didn't open till 11 so it was off to make a payment at the dentist, then a quick stop at Michaels to pick up the Dec. Bead and Button. I know, I just need to order it but we don't have an outgoing mail slot at our apartment and I always forget. It is on my Christmas list now so I will be good for the next issue. Then it was back to the LBS. I am dying to make some flat spiral bracelets as gifts too so I had to get some bigger beads.

Most of my stash is 11/0s.
My DH came in and even got a couple things himself.

He occasionally beads with me but it is few and far between. I of course love it cuz I get all the stuff he buys and never uses all off! I really like the maroonish color he picked, not something I would have bought myself but I am sure I will be snagging some for something eventually!

0 comments: